Friday, January 25, 2008

My Technical Interview

Hi!!! friends i am currently pursuing my B.E. degree in Sri Sairam Engg College. At the time of 5th semester the campus fever entered in our college. Suddenly there was a drastic change in college atmosphere. We friends who regularly form a gang and chat for hours. Suddenly a month before placement all went calm, everybody was indulged deeply about placement and we suddenly felt that there was a huge responsibility in our shoulders. So all of them started preparing day and night for the campus. We form a gang at each friend's house for chatting,but now we formed for studying and analysing important points for interview. This was a remarkable change. Then the day came, first test was for aptitude and the question paper was as easy that the same problems what we did and practised day and night only came. So all the friends in our gang went through the test easily. Then the second day........


It was the second day that the technical interview was about to commence. We felt this is going to be a nice experience as we were introduced to such tensed atmosphere for the first time. Also all our classmates were in their best dresses in order to impress the interviewer. The situation was also a bit hilarious because all boys and girls were dressing to the core. At the other side we were just remembering the syntaxes for the important functions. We also went through important programs at a glance. We had absolutely no idea how an interview would be,and how they will ask questions. There was a slight fear which went through our spines and we were half cholked. Our staffs called the names of students and my turn came...........


I entered the room in which the interview was taking place and the conversation begins..

Me: Excuse me sir!! May i come in!!
There was no reply for me(Tension level increased)
Again i asked Excuse me sir!!
Interviewer: come in (in a bold voice)
Then he said to take my seat.

Then only i realised myself partly and saw the interviewer's face with all my courage. He then made a pleasant smile which made me some wat comfortable. After that three members came in two men and a women. The lady interviewer straight away came and asked for my resume, i gave it then she never spoke a word to me. Only the other two men were intervieweing me. The conversation continues........

Interviewer: What are the current semester subjects you are studying now?
Me: I answered this question by saying all my subjects with confidence.

Interviewer: What is the difference between Windows 2000 server family and Windows Xp?
Me: I was not well versed with Windows 2003 Server family so i answerd this question partly and at this moment my tension level was at peak.

Then the other person asked questions at a rapid rate that i told the same answer do know for 4 answers. then i confirmed that i will not be selected for the next round. After sometime they saw my resume and asked questions from my strong subject and i also answered with some ease. then suddenly the lady interviewer who did'nt even spoke a word to me asked a question for the first time. She asked me about the experience of my industrial visit(IV). And i explained what all i saw in that visit,but the expression she gave showed negative signs,at this instance the confidence level of mine dropped a bit. Then she asked me about some general questions of my hobbies and my favourite past-times. this time i saw a positive expression on her face.

Then the interview was over i answered only 7 of 12 questions which were asked. After they said me to leave the room i wished all the three of them by greeting them with a final hand-shake and left the room. In a matter of ten minutes the results were announced and i was one among the students who were selected for the next round. I was not in this world, there were no words to speak about i was just roaming here and there very restless. Then i got through the final interview with more confidence and i got placed in the very first company that came for campus recruitment in our college.

Thus ends my interview experience.....

7 comments:

Sadesh said...

Machi enna path etahvathu solirappa anu nenachu padichen.. nee eluthalai ..Any way your are placed in TCS whilie remembering our first interview it will be good...

venkat said...

Nice post da.I looking for this kind of creative informations.

Swaminathan said...

machi this is the post where i have said my personal experience. But all this happened because of u(sadesh) only da.. This is not by intention for not mentioning ur name. Just like that i wrote this for a post sake. Anyway sorry da.. This will never happen again.

Arun Rajiah said...

wen i heard ur placed im very happy to know that and i appreciate ur hard work too... do it in ur exams too

Mahesh said...

Congrats on u making it from 7 to 1 da...great hardwork machi

Shankar said...

machi do the same thing in the semester exams also da.... it is a nice experience to everyone....

Puntermaniac said...

U should have mentioned about dhaadi da....Anyways it ok.U r the comeback king wen it comes to sem results...